Sunday 24 July 2016

23/07/2016




I had been waiting for a good forecast to get Jack out fishing again this year and spotted a window in the weather so we paddled out to our chosen mark trolling a lure on the way out it didnt take long for the rod to buckle round with Coalies and small Pollack keeping young Jack occupied but we really wanted to up his kayak PB’s
Jack needs no help on the fishing side of things now hes getting very competent even choosing his own lures after quite a slow drift I was wanting to move places but Jack wanted one last drop down and a quick jig retrieve to see if anything would chase the lure fast so I was delighted to see the rod slam hard over as he was speed jigging mid water reel singing and him battling the fish really hard after a good tussle up popped a PB Pollack for him to claim estimated at 6lb+ chuffed to bits

DSCF8329
DSCF8340DSCF8341DSCF8343DSCF8344
lovely to see these great sport fish returned to fight another day too

I managed some nice Cod and a Wrasse

DSCF8326DSCF8327DSCF8354DSCF8361codunder
Then I was unhooking a Cod I watched Jack latch into a lovely Red Cod of around 5lb another PB and we slipped it back forgetting to take any pics I'm sure he will beat that PB fairly soon though

Kept two Mackerel for tea but everything else returned unharmed

DSCF8359
Andy

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I'd love to get my kids onto something as reliably. I'd love to catch cod from the kayak too. Thanks for posting, I'll keep dreaming.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting Jack out and into some fish plenty of cod up here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful kayak fishing. I congratulate to you for your success. Thanks for sharing your great experience.

    ReplyDelete