Monday 28 May 2012

A productive Early morning session 28/05/2012

[Quote] [Modify] [Delete]


Well after yesterdays early paddle that was very low visibility due to the fog which I didn't enjoy much I set my alarm for 4am even though the fog was still very thick I was preparing myself for another mind numbing paddle with nothing to see, However on waking up to my alarm a quick peep out of the window saw that most of the fog had cleared and the visibility was very good got the gear loaded and was launching at Marske at about 4:45
On reaching my mark I had a drop down with the lures and was straight into Coalies 4 at a time but most were undersized fish
[image]
[image]
after around a hundred or so of these I managed to latch into my first Mackerel of the year a very good sight
[image]
I only managed a handful of these then I was pestered by a few of these things
[image]
Wish they fought as well as the humble Coalie!
It was non stop action and I was really enjoying myself but I had really launched to have a proper crack at the Thornback's so I tore myself away and got anchored up in a likely looking spot after a short while I had a few rattles on the rod tip then a few more so I struck into it and landed a small greedy Dab
[image]
Right sort of shape but not the species I was after
So out went another bait and I waited patiently and had another small rattle then another I struck into it expecting the same as before but as soon as I hit it I knew instantly what it was as it tore line from the spool of my baitrunner what a fight on a spinning rod and fixed spool not going back to multi's for my Ray fishing now and it wasn't too long til I glimpsed the welcome shape and pattern of my first Thornie of the year and not a bad one either pulling the scales down to 9lb 7oz
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
some quick snaps and off it went
[image]
Out went another bait and after quite a wait I had another very small bite which I hit and was into another Ray but this felt much smaller after a short tussle I had my second at 3lb 12oz
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
This one shot off at high speed when released quite a sight skimming across the surface
[image]
by this time I was busting for a pee so I released from my anchor after marking its position on my GPS and belted back to shore after my toilet stop I had the long paddle back out to my anchor and once there couldnt bring myself to sit out any longer as it was getting very hot by now so I had a quick paddle to where all the Coalies,Mackerel and Cod were for a last drift jigging and hooked into what I thought was the bottom at first then it stripped a bit of line and after a half decent fight had my new PB cod on board at 7lb 13oz
[image]
I think it may have gone over 8lb if I weighed it when first caught as once weighed ashore I found it had already coughed this up and left it in my fish hatch
[image]
looks like a semi digested lumpsucker but not sure was quite a size though!
next drop produced this little fellow a welcome sight
[image]
[image]
Back on the beach in time for dinner
[image]
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment