Sunday 10 February 2013

Today’s trip out 09/02/2013

I snook out for a quick Kayak trip today the sea had dropped away quite a bit overnight so decided to launch at Marske at around 11am into a nice sea a bit lumpy at times but perfectly do able
I managed a video of the launch for any new starters to have a look at see what they can expect once up and running
http://youtu.be/e92U257PG-U
Once out past the breakers I anchored up in quite a lumpy sea and the tide was running strong and coloured all looked good after a little while the rod tip started to rattle away with a steady stream of increasingly bigger whiting coming aboard
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
After bringing a dozen or so of these it went quiet and I contemplated heading in as my toes and fingers were a bit numb decided to reel in as I started to wind in I was locked solid over sand? then it thumped and stripped a few yards of line a Ray must have been laid on but the hook pulled shortly after so I quickly re-baited and sent it back to the same spot less than a minute later the rod gave the gentle rustle and tell tale taps of a ray bite I let it develop and hit into it this felt a very big fish but it was hard to tell with the tide pushing hard but sadly I lost this one before it broke the surface by this time it was getting very cold out there so called it a day and prepared for the landing.
I had to get the landing right as the many dog walkers and families out walking on the beach were looking at the mad man in the sea
Captured it on video
http://youtu.be/au6dx2ILXnc?t=3m43s
Safely back on the beach but need to get out more often my paddle fitness has all but disappeared
[image]
Andy

 


[image]

No comments:

Post a Comment