Friday 24 April 2015

Redcar lure session 23/04/2015

Today I thought I would fish the ebb tide at Redcar and see if there was enough viz in the water for some lure action things were murky but still looked doable

After an hour or so of zero activity I thought the morning would end in a blank but thought I would have one last drift which fortunately produced a plump Codling of around 3lb

DSCF1955

 

Next drop down I was in again good to see some early Pollack on the marks again too

DSCF1956

Including a miniature one

DSCF1962

As I paddled inshore it was great to see the local flock of Eider ducks resting on a now exposed rock

 

DSCF1966

 

DSCF1968

I paddled over a local inshore wreck and had a few drifts which resulted in an abundance of Coalfish and small Pollack whilst unhooking a small Pollack I dropped my pirk over the side and left it no more than 5-6ft below me to take some pics of the fish when the rod was ripped seaward as a better Coalfish had came right up to the surface and snatched the lure awesome stuff

 

 

DSCF1975

 

 

DSCF1981

 

 

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment