Friday 10 August 2012

A troll through the surf Marske–Redcar and back 10/08/2012

Today I wasn’t expecting to get out for a paddle but on hearing the Mrs and kids had planned to go out I packed the gear and loaded the yak taking minimal gear and decided just to troll some plugs about

 

 

I had a look at the conditions and decided on the long paddle to Redcar scaurs it didn’t take long for the rod tip to rattle round but only a Mackerel but not a bad start

002

003

005

 

 

There was to be no further action over the next couple of miles until I hit the scaur edges when the rod tapped and then moments later the rod slammed hard round thumping violently all the hallmarks of a Bass take but by the time I prized the rod from the holder the fish had gone.

 

After an hour or so of trolling around likely looking drop offs with only one more mackerel to show for it I switched plugs for the long paddle back and was halted by this little Coalie showing an interest in my offering

014

010

 

 

 

013

 

I hugged the surf break on the way back to my launch spot but no fish were to take an interest today so had a quick half hour messing in the surf

 

017

 

027

035

030

031

033

032

034

No comments:

Post a Comment