Thursday 9 August 2012

Out through the surf but poor fishing 09/08/2012

I launched this morning at 5:45 into some quite big surf the wind forecast was excellent so I was sure it wasn’t likely to build any while I was out, after breaking through the surf which was fun I anchored just over 1/2 a mile offshore in the hope of more rays but unfortunately it was paved with small dabs and whiting which shredded even the biggest baits in a few minutes,

 

001

 

006

 

 

007

 

008

 

 

016

 

 

 

After 3-4 hours of this and not been able to keep a bait out long enough to give a chance of a ray homing in on it I decided to pack up after stowing all the gear away ready for the surf landing I noticed the fishfinder burst into life showing a shoal of fish passing through so I quickly rigged up some small feathers and spent the next 30mins non stop action with small whiting and joey Mackerel so at least I had replenished my bait stocks.

 

018

 

020

 

021

 

023

 

 

Once paddled back to the edge of the surf line I watched the swells coming in for a while before picking my moment to get back in which went to plan today!

036

 

Back on the safety of the beach and the photos never do the conditions justice

 

 

Not a great deal of fish but enjoyable as always

No comments:

Post a Comment